- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg
- 8 (350g) whiting fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Tartare sauce, to serve
- Step 1Place crumbs and flour on separate plates. Using a fork, whisk egg in a shallow dish.
- Step 2Dip 1 fish fillet in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat in crumbs. Place on a large tray or plate. Repeat with remaining fish fillets, flour, egg and crumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 3Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish, in batches, for 1 minute 30 seconds each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Serve with salad and tartare sauce.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Cooking class: Crumbing: Using clean hands, dip fish fillet in flour, turning to coat. Then dip in egg and hold over bowl to let excess egg drip away. Dip in crumbs, pressing down to create an even crumb coating.
- Author: Vanessa Horton
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas