- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 3 zucchini, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 (150g each) salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs mirin
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Step 1Blanch the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Place asparagus, zucchini, mint, coriander and chilli in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook salmon, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Combine the soy, mirin, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with salmon. Drizzle with dressing.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
To ensure crispy skin on your salmon, pat dry with paper towel before cooking.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine