- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved crossways
- 400g tomato medley mix
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (150g each) boneless barramundi fillets with skin on, skin scored (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small lemon, rind zested into fine strips, juiced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Place vegetables on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add fish, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until skin is very crispy around edges and centre is just starting to crisp. Place fish, skin-side up, on top of vegetables on tray. Bake for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Step 4Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant (do not brown). Add chives and parsley. Cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Add lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Serve barramundi and vegetables drizzled with warm garlic and herb oil.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
To score barramundi skin, use a large sharp knife to make shallow cuts crossways, about 1cm apart, along the length of each fillet. This will help prevent the fillet from curling up while cooking.
To incorporate this into a keto diet plan, serve with baby spinach and pine nut salad.
- Author: Kim Coverdale & Tracey Meharg
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas