- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pinch of white pepper
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 4-5cm pieces
- 50g cornflour
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Fountain Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 lime, halved
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine fish sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Place the cornflour in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Pour enough oil into a wok to come one-third of the way up the side. Heat over medium heat until 170°C on a cook’s thermometer. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 3-5 minutes or until golden and cooked through, reheating the oil between batches. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Drain oil from wok and wipe wok clean.
- Step 3Return the wok to medium heat. Add the sweet chilli sauce. Simmer, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add the chicken and juice of 1⁄2 lime. Toss to coat. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, scatter with basil and serve with steamed rice and remaining lime.
- Publication: Taste Magazine