- 120g packet crostini toasts
Beef with beetroot relish
- 250g scotch fillet steak, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small beetroot, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Tuna salsa verde
- 95g can tuna in oil, flaked, oil reserved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Step 1Make beef with beetroot relish: Heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray steak with oil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan. Stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Place beetroot, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes or until beetroot is tender.
- Step 2Make tuna salsa verde: Place tuna and reserved oil in a bowl. Add parsley, chives, onion, lime juice and mustard. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Arrange crostini on a platter. Top half the crostini with beetroot mixture. Arrange beef slices on beetroot. Sprinkle with chives. Top remaining crostini with tuna salsa verde. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas