- 2 medium sebago potatoes, cut into 2cm-thick chips
- 300g orange sweet potato, cut into 2cm-thick chips
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2cm thick chips
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 400g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm-thick strips
- 200g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1/2 small (200g) cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 30g reduced-fat spread
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Arrange potato, sweet potato and carrot on 1 prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. Combine milk and egg in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip 1 piece of fish in flour, then milk mixture and breadcrumbs. Place on remaining tray. Coat remaining fish. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is golden and cooked through and vegetables tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make cheese sauce: Melt spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Whisk in milk, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Step 4Place broccoli and cauliflower in a large microwave-safe dish. Add 1/4 cup cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook on high (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 5Divide fish, vegetable chips, broccoli and cauliflower between plates. Spoon cheese sauce over steamed vegetables. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas