- 700g desiree potatoes, cut into wedges
- 700g orange sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthways, cut into 2.5cm-thick slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 (130g each) firm white fish fillets (such as ling, snapper or perch)
- 200g green beans, steamed, to serve tartare sauce, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 230°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place potatoes and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 5 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to bowl.
- Step 2Add sweet potatoes and oil to potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Spread wedges, in a single layer, on 1 tray. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip fish fillets, 1 at a time, in egg. Place in breadcrumbs. Using fingertips, press breadcrumbs onto both sides of fish. Place fish on remaining tray.
- Step 4Reduce oven to 210°C. Place fish below wedges in oven. Roast both for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and potatoes golden. Divide between plates. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with beans and tartare sauce.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas