- 3 large desiree potatoes, peeled
- 2 x 425g cans tuna in springwater, drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash. Allow to cool. (You’ll need 3 cups mashed potato.)
- Step 2Add tuna, onion, cheese and dill to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Using 1/4 cup of mixture at a time, shape into 18 x 2cm-thick patties.
- Step 3Place flour, breadcrumbs and egg in separate shallow bowls. Coat 1 pattie in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining patties, flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Step 4Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil and patties. Serve with green beans and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Chris L Jones
- Publication: Super Food Ideas