- Olive oil, to grease
- 300g (2 cups) cooked white long-grain rice
- 1 x 415g can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 1 x 375ml can creamy evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- Sea salt flakes
- Mixed salad leaves (optional), to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish with oil to lightly grease.
- Step 2Place the rice, salmon, milk, egg, oil, dill, curry powder and half the cheddar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Step 3Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread to the edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until set. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cut into pieces. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Reader recipe
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste