- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup natural cottage cheese
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 210g can red salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Combine flour and cottage cheese in a bowl. Add butter. Stir with a knife until well combined. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 2Press dough into the base and sides of a 23cm pie dish. Cover evenly with combined onion and salmon.
- Step 3Whisk eggs with cream. Pour evenly over salmon mixture. Top with grated cheese.
- Step 4Bake in a hot oven (200°C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate (180°C) and cook for a further 35 minutes or until set and golden.
All nutrition values are per serve
Variation: Add some fresh spinach or capers.
- Author: Maree Brogan, Alexandra Hills, QLD (reader recipe)
- Publication: Super Food Ideas