- 300g brown rice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3 baby eggplants, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, roughly shredded
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 4 skinless blue-eye fillets (about 180g each)
- Extra lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook rice in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until golden. Turn heat to medium-high, add onion and stir for 5 minutes until onion is lightly caramelised. Add ground coriander and chilli and stir for 1 minute. Add drained rice, spinach and 1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Season, then stir in lemon zest, juice and mint.
- Step 3Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Rub fish with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, then cook for 3 minutes each side until cooked to your liking. Serve fish with rice and lemon.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Catherine Sutherland and Brett Stevens
- Publication: delicious.