- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 teaspoon thin cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mixed herbs (chives, chervil, tarragon), plus chervil to garnish
- 5g (1 teaspoon) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated gruyere cheese
- Smoked salmon, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork, add cream and herbs, then beat again to combine. Place the butter and oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat, swirling to coat pan. When butter begins to foam, increase heat to high, add egg mixture and swirl to coat pan. Leave for 5 seconds, then, when edges begin to bubble, push liquid at edges towards centre of pan, tilting to fill gaps. Continue pushing liquid and tilting pan for about 2-3 minutes until omelette is almost set. Add cheese, then tip pan to one side and use a spatula to gently fold omelette in half. Slide onto a plate, top with smoked salmon and a dollop of sour cream, and serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
Omelettes are very quick to cook, so have everything ready before you start.
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: delicious.