- 180g dried ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons Massel vegetable stock powder
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chang's sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 300g flathead fillets, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices (see note)
- Step 1Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, place stock powder and 5 cups boiling water in a saucepan over mediumhigh heat. Add ginger, soy sauce and oil. Bring to the boil.
- Step 2Add onion, carrot and fish to stock mixture. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute or until fish is cooked through.
- Step 3Divide noodles between bowls. Remove and discard ginger from stock mixture. Ladle over noodles. Serve.
You could use kingfish instead of flathead.
Tip: For extra flavour, add 125g fresh baby corn, halved lengthways, with the carrot in step 2.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas