- 1 bunch fresh continental parsley, leaves picked
- 5 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers, plus extra, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 400g casarecce pasta
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, fronds reserved, thinly sliced
- 500g skinless snapper fillets
- Step 1Process parsley, anchovy, lemon rind, capers and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine 60ml (1⁄4 cup) oil and half of the lemon juice in a jug. With the food processor motor running, add to parsley mixture in a slow, steady stream until combined.
- Step 2Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 80ml (1⁄3 cup) of the liquid. Return pasta and reserved liquid to the saucepan.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fennel, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until golden. Transfer to saucepan with pasta.
- Step 4Add remaining oil to frying pan. Season snapper. Cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes until just cooked through. Remove from heat. Coarsely flake. Stir through half the salsa verde.
- Step 5Add remaining salsa verde to pasta. Toss to combine. Add fish mixture. Gently toss to combine further. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds and extra capers. Squeeze remaining lemon juice over to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Freeze any leftover anchovies in their oil in mini snap-lock bags, ready to toss straight into braises or pasta sauces.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine