- 4 medium (about 150g each) carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick batons
- 2 large (about 180g each) zucchini, cut into 2cm-thick batons
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 600g white fish fillets (such as smooth dory), cut into 4cm pieces
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place carrot and zucchini on separate trays and brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook carrot on top shelf and zucchini on lower shelf of preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until combined.
- Step 2Kids’ task: Meanwhile, place the egg in a bowl and spread the breadcrumbs over a plate. Dip the fish, 1 piece at a time, in the egg and drain off any excess. Dip in the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Spoon carrot and zucchini chips among serving plates and top with fish nuggets. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Australian Good Taste