- 3 shallots, trimmed, pale section thinly sliced diagonally, green section cut into thin strips
- 4 white fish fillets
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place shallot strips in a bowl of iced water in the fridge for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut four 40cm squares of baking paper and four 40cm squares of foil. Place 1 paper square on top of 1 foil square. Top with 1 fish fillet. Repeat with remaining paper, foil and fish. Divide the sliced shallot, ginger, soy sauce and oil among fish. Fold up to enclose filling. Bake on 2 baking trays for 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Step 3Open the parcels. Top with shallot curls.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Cooking tip: To make shallot curls, cut green section lengthways into thin strips. Place in a bowl of iced water in fridge for 15 minutes. Use as a garnish for stir-fries and fish dishes.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste