- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 600g frozen skinless hoki fish fillets, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Step 1Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs, leaving 2cm of leaves attached at the top. Reserve sprigs and 2 teaspoons of leaves. Finely chop reserved leaves.
- Step 2Cut fish into 2.5cm cubes. Thread onto sprigs. Place in a large ceramic dish. Combine chopped rosemary, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons oil and pepper in a bowl. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add broccoli. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until stock is absorbed.
- Step 4Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Grill skewers, basting with marinade, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Add pine nuts and lemon rind to rice. Stir with a fork to combine. Season with pepper. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with skewers and serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas