- 1 lemon
- 700g firm white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives, halved
- 240g (1 1/4 cups) couscous
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1Use a grater to finely shred lemon rind. Juice lemon and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Step 2Cut fish fillets into 5cm pieces and set aside.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the cumin and paprika, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium. Remove half of the mixture. Place fish in a single layer over mixture in pan and evenly spoon over remaining mixture. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Step 4Gently stir in the parsley, olives and reserved lemon juice. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Step 5Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over, stirring. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6To serve, spoon the couscous into serving bowls and top with the fish tagine. Sprinkle with the lemon rind and coriander.
All nutrition values are per serve