- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 270ml can Ayam Coconut Milk
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 450g packet microwave brown rice, cooked
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 4 (about 180g each) firm white fish fillets
- Fresh baby coriander, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add water, chilli, half the coconut milk, half the onion and 1 garlic clove. Season and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the silverbeet and remaining coconut milk. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs ghee in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the turmeric, remaining onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until coated. Season. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel.
- Step 3Heat remaining ghee in pan over medium-high heat. Use a mortar and pestle to pound rind, salt and coriander until crushed. Sprinkle over fish. Cook, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Step 4Divide rice among plates and top with fish. Serve with silverbeet and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with baby coriander, if using.
All nutrition values are per serve
Try replacing the silverbeet with English spinach, Tuscan kale or thinkly sliced green cabbage. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine