- 600g skinless flathead fillets, bones removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Crispy squashed potatoes
- 600g chat potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1Make potatoes: Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place on prepared tray. Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, press each potato to flatten slightly. Lightly spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle fish with 2 teaspoons oil. Lightly rub to coat. Cook fish, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Wipe pan clean. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomato. Cook for 1 minute or until just beginning to collapse. Add vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Toss to combine. Remove from heat. Add basil. Season with pepper.
- Step 4Place fish on plates and top with tomato mixture. Serve with potatoes.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Super saver: Use 600g frozen barramundi fillets instead of flathead and save around $6.35 in total.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas