- 4 large calamari hoods, cleaned
- 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 cups macadamia oil
- Step 1Cut calamari in half lengthways. Open out flat. Slice diagonally into 2cm-wide strips. Combine flour and herbs in a bowl. Add calamari. Toss to coat. Gently shake off excess.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, in small batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with gluten-free tartare sauce.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim McCosker & Rachael Bermingham
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas