- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 limes
- 5cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), chopped
- 500g salmon fillet, skin on
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crunchy combo sprouts, rinsed, drained (available in the chilled vegetable section of the supermarket)
- 400g papaya, seeded, peeled, sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, thickly sliced diagonally
- Step 1Cook rice following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, slice 1 lime. Cut 3cm from ginger and reserve. Thinly slice remaining ginger. Place lime and ginger slices, lemongrass and 1 litre water in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Add salmon, skin-side down. Cook, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Using a spatula, remove salmon from liquid. Discard skin. Flake into large pieces.
- Step 3Juice remaining lime. Peel and finely grate reserved ginger. Place 2 tablespoons lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, sesame oil, chilli and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Step 4Toss mint, coriander, onion and sprouts together in a bowl. Divide rice, papaya, cucumber, mint mixture and salmon among bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas