- 600g beef eye fillet, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sushi soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 5 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 250g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 5 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced, extra
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sushi soy sauce, extra
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, extra
- Step 1Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until brown all over. Remove from heat and cover with foil. Set beef aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Combine the soy sauce, mirin, green onion, lemon juice, sugar, garlic and ginger with any pan juices in a large baking dish. Whisk to combine. Add the beef and turn to coat in the marinade. Set aside to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Step 3Toss the bean sprouts, extra green onions and sesame oil together in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the beef and arrange on serving plates. Top the centre of the beef with the bean sprouts. Combine the extra soy and lemon juice together and serve in small dipping bowls with the beef tatake.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
Allow 1 hour marinating time.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Notebook: