- 675g skinless salmon fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free green curry paste
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, thickly sliced
- 130g (3/4 cup) cooked microwave basmati rice, cooled
- 1 green shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- Step 1Place the salmon, paste, lime rind, rice, shallot and 1/3 cup coriander leaves in a food processor. Pulse 8-10 times until finely chopped and mixture just comes together (do not over process). Shape mixture into eight 1.5cm-thick patties. Place on a lined plate. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Season well.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon cakes, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Step 4Add the cucumber, celery, apple and remaining coriander leaves to the vinegar mixture. Toss to combine. Serve the fish cakes with salad and lime slices.
All nutrition values are per serve
Shape the fish cakes up to 1 day in advance and store, covered with plastic wrap, in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste Magazine