- 8 (about 800g) chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Green curry paste
- 4 long green chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped galangal or ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 purple Asian shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely chopped
- 4 coriander roots and stems, chopped
- Step 1To make the curry paste, place the chilli, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, shallots, shrimp paste, peppercorns and coriander in the bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms.
- Step 2Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 3Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until lightly brown. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the chicken, lime leaves, chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 4Add the peppercorns, lime juice and fish sauce and stir to combine. Spoon among serving bowls and top with basil leaves. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Notebook: