- 21/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves*
- 1 small stick lemon grass, split
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 21/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 (about 125g each) salmon, skin removed
- 200g green tea (soba) noodles*
- 8 baby bok choy, halved lengthways
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) fish sauce
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and fry for 1 minute. Add lime leaves, lemon grass, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Set aside.
- Step 2In a clean pan, add remaining oil and seal salmon over high heat for 1 minute each side. Transfer to a baking tray. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Bring a pan of water to the boil, add noodles and cook for 3 minutes, add bok choy and cook for 1 minute. Drain and refresh. Add fish sauce. Reheat sauce, pour onto plates. Add noodles, bok choy and salmon.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Kaffir-lime leaves are from greengrocers. Green tea noodles are from Asian supermarkets, substitute with wholemeal spaghetti.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Petrina Tinslay
- Publication: Taste.com.au