- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice, plus 3 small limes cut into thin wedges
- 24 green prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 12 young thin lemongrass stems (or use soaked bamboo skewers)
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Tropical fruit salsa
- 1 mango, flesh finely chopped
- 1 avocado or cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red papaya
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Step 1Combine sauces, honey, ginger, coriander, garlic and juice. Toss with prawns and chill for 30 minutes. Combine salsa ingredients in another bowl and chill until needed.
- Step 2Thread prawns onto lemongrass stems or skewers, alternating with lime wedges.
- Step 3Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue on medium-high. Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side until just cooked and lightly charred. Serve with salsa and rice.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: delicious.