- 1/4 cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 50g peppadews (see notes), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 100g yellow beans, trimmed, halved
- 4 x 200g tuna steaks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 3cm wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Combine vinegar and eschalot in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Stir in peppadew, thyme, chilli flakes and 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set dressing aside.
- Step 2Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh, then set aside.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Brush tuna with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season. Cook for 2 minutes each side to sear. Slice thinly.
- Step 4Combine beans, tomato, onion, parsley and half the dressing in a large bowl and gently toss to coat. Divide salad among plates, top with tuna and drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.
Peppadews are sweet piquant peppers, available in jars from selected delis and supermarkets. Substitute roasted capsicum pieces.
- Author: Curtis Stone
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: delicious.