- 2 x 180g firm white fish fillets, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as continental parsley, dill, coriander and rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or use olive oil spray)
- 1 iceberg lettuce or cos lettuce, leaves removed intact
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Place the fish on the prepared tray and top with the herbs, chilli flakes, if using, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake fish for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, fill each lettuce cup with the onion, tomato, avocado, carrot and seeds. Once the fish is cooked, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Flake the fish into strips and add to the lettuce cups.
- Step 4Mix together mustard and lemon or lime juice. Drizzle over the lettuce tacos. Finish with an extra squeeze of juice, if you like.
This recipe is from the Living the Healthy Life cookbook by Jessica Sepel and published by Macmillan Australia.
- Author: Jessica Sepel
- Publication: Taste.com.au