- 2 bunches Hatters Golden Beets, trimmed, scrubbed, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 180g each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon fine lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 235C (215C fan-forced).
- Step 2On a baking tray, toss the beets with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the beets in the centre of the baking tray, forming a bed large enough to hold the salmon. Roast the beets for about 20 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender.
- Step 3Place the salmon on top of the beets. Brush the salmon with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, mix the chives, parsley, and tarragon. Sprinkle all but 1 tablespoon of the mixed herbs over the salmon. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is still slightly rosy in the centre.
- Step 4Meanwhile, into the bowl of the remaining mixed herbs, whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, shallots, lemon zest and juice. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over and around the salmon and beets to serve.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles