- 6 hot-smoked salmon portions (3 x 175g packets)*
- 1 fennel bulb (or 3-4 celery stalks), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 preserved lemon*, white pith and flesh discarded, skin finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Step 1Place the salmon, still in packets, in a large bowl. Cover completely with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Step 2Toss the remaining ingredients together in a bowl (reserving half the feta), then season.
- Step 3Use tongs to remove the salmon packets from the water, then open.
- Step 4Serve the salmon portions and fennel salad on herbed couscous (see related recipe). Top with remaining feta and serve with lemon wedges.
* Hot-smoked salmon portions are from supermarkets and delis. Preserved lemons are from Middle Eastern and gourmet food shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au