- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream
- 155g (1 1/2 cups) almond meal
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Finely grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Continental parsley
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into long wedges
- 4 x 125g skinless firm white fish fillets
- 80ml (1/3 cup) rice bran oil
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Whisk the eggs, cream and 1 tbs water together in a large shallow bowl. Combine the almond meal, cheese, rind, parsley and chilli flakes (if using) in a shallow bowl. Season.
- Step 3Halve each avocado, remove stone, peel away skin and cut each into 6-8 wedges.
- Step 4Working one piece at a time, coat a piece of avocado in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off, then coat in the almond meal mixture. Repeat with the remaining avocado, the zucchini and the fish. Spread the avocado and zucchini evenly over prepared tray. Place fish on a plate, cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 5Spray the avocado and zucchini generously with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Step 6Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Serve fish and chips with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Nigel Lough
- Publication: Taste.com.au