- 600g ling fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 180g rice stick noodles
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or rice bran oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 green capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (shaohsing)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Step 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add fish and turn to coat. Stand for 10 minutes. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add drained fish (reserving marinade), and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add onion and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade and simmer for 2-3 minutes until fish is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and fold in watercress, then serve the stir-fry on the noodles.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Rice bran oil is from selected supermarkets. Rice wine is from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets, or use dry sherry.
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au