- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 400g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g dried bean thread noodles
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- food processor
- Step 1Process onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and fish sauce in a food processor until mixture forms a paste.
- Step 2Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook tofu, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add spice paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Add pumpkin. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender.
- Step 4Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Step 5Add beans to pumpkin mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Add tofu, noodles and chopped coriander. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with extra coriander leaves.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas