- 750g white fish fillets, bones and skin removed, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- olive oil cooking spray
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 cup 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill sprigs, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place fish in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Add 1 cup breadcrumbs, green onion, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, dill, egg and salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Using 1/5 cup mixture at a time, shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Step 3Place remaining breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat both sides of patties in breadcrumbs, pressing on with fingertips to secure. Place on prepared tray. Lightly spray both sides of patties with oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden and cooked through.
- Step 4Make tartare sauce Combine mayonnaise, gherkin, capers and dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Place 2 fishcakes on each serving plate. Serve with tartare sauce, salad leaves and lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas