- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 800g lean beef mince
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add 1/2 the mince. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl, draining excess fat. Repeat with remaining mince.
- Step 2Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry chilli, lemongrass and garlic for 30 seconds. Return mince to wok with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add coriander. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Combine mint, onion and bean sprouts in a bowl. Divide rice between bowls. Spoon over mince mixture. Top with mint salad. Serve with lime.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas