- 1/4 cup peanut oil (see tip)
- 800g beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Chilli, extra, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat. Add half the beef. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of oil and remaining beef.
- Step 2Add remaining oil, onion, capsicum, garlic, lemongrass and chilli to wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Return beef and any juices to wok. Add soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Top stir-fry with coriander and chilli. Serve with rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Tip: You could use canola oil instead of peanut oil.
Note: Purchase firm stalks with pale yellow root tips and green outer leaves. Remove outer leaves and trim 1cm from base. Finely slice the tender white stalk.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas