- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 lemongrass stem (pale part only), outer layer removed, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 150ml light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1.25kg black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 4 slices crusty bread
- Step 1Heat oil in a large wok or saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass, chilli and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to combine. Increase heat to high, then bring to the boil.
- Step 2Add the mussels, then cover wok or pan with a tight-fitting lid. Steam the mussels, shaking the pan occasionally, for 5 minutes or until opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Step 3Divide the mussels among serving bowls, spoon over some of the coconut broth and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with crusty bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Catherine Sutherland and Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au