- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (200g) basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g green beans, chopped
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 8 (about 800g) white fish fillets (such as bream or whiting)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the stock and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add the beans and lentils and use a fork to stir through. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the turmeric, cumin, chilli and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the fish fillets and turn to coat in spice mixture.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the fi sh and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Spoon the rice evenly among serving plates. Top with fish and serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.
- High protein
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: