- 500g fresh Mahi Mahi (dolphin fish), skinned, boned and blood line removed
- 5g lemon pepper
- 5g ground sea salt
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into quarters
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh mint leaf, finely chopped
- Step 1Cut the fish into the size you want to eat (see Notes)
- Step 2Blend lemon pepper and ground sea salt in bowl and mix thoroughly so that an even coverage is obtained. Dip both side of fish in seasoning mix to obtain a light coating, dust off any excess.
- Step 3Melt butter in fry pan at medium heat. Once butter has melted and sizzles, place fish in the pan.
- Step 4Flip when flesh of fish is cooked almost halfway (starts to turn white), which should take no more than 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Turn fish and turn off heat. Wait 1 minute and remove from pan (fish will continue to cook off heat). Garnish with lemon juice and fresh basil and mint.
I serve this as an entree (starter) so I keep them approx 2.5 cm (1″) thick and not longer than 5 cm (2″).
- Author: Member recipe
- Publication: Member recipe