- Oil, for greasing
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 4 (about 180g each) white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 400g piece (about 1/2) pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Brush a large baking tray with the oil to grease.
- Step 2Place the flour on a large plate. Toss the fish in the flour to coat well. Shake off any excess and place on the greased tray.
- Step 3Combine lemon rind, pepper, ginger and chilli powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the fish fillets and use your fingers to gently press into the top of the fish.
- Step 4Drizzle the oil over the fish and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until light golden on the edges and the fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove from the oven and use a fork to break the fish into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 5Meanwhile, cut the cheeks from the mangoes close to the seeds and peel away the skin. Chop the flesh and place in a medium bowl. Add the fish pieces, pineapple, green shallots and coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 6Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jo Richardson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste