- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 (about 120g each) salmon fillets
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian 4 Leaf Salad
- 1/3 cup (35g) hazelnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 100g marinated fetta, crumbled, marinade reserved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Step 1Combine the maple syrup, mustard, soy sauce and sugar in a shallow container. Add salmon and turn to coat. Place in the fridge for 10 mins to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place the salmon on the lined tray. Cook under grill for 3 mins or until salmon caramelises. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the lentils, beetroot, salad leaves, hazelnuts and fetta in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar and 2 tbs of the reserved fetta marinade in a small bowl. Season. Drizzle over the salad and combine.
- Step 4Divide among serving plates. Top with salmon and serve immediately.
Feel good tip: The Australian Dietary Guidelines suggest eating 2 serves of fish per week. Keep canned salmon in your pantry for a great budget-friendly way to include fish in your diet.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles