- 1 bonito, skinned, boned and cut into fillets (or 300-400g fish fillet) (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sake (cooking rice wine)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 5cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 1 coriander, to garnish
- Step 1Mix soy sauce, sake, garlic and ginger and marinate fish fillets for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 2Remove fish onto a paper towel, dry slightly, cover with cornflour and cook on a frying pan with a little bit of oil, cook on both sides; remove fish.
- Step 3Add sliced tomato and left over marinating sauce and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Step 4Serve on a plate and garnish with coriander if desired.
The bonito fish is part of the mackerel, tuna and Spanish mackerel family of fish.
- Author: Member recipe
- Publication: Member recipe