- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 x 115g cans King Oscar Mediterranean Style Skinless and Boneless Mackerel Fillets
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sliced kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Rice bran oil, for shallow frying
Tomato and cannellini bean salad
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar dressing
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan over low heat. Toss potato until liquid has evaporated. Roughly mash. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Drain mackerel, reserving any olive slices. Add mackerel and reserved olives, green onion, basil, kalamata olives, lemon rind, egg and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs to potato. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Using damp hands, shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Step 3Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat the patties in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess. Place on a plate lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make Tomato and Cannellini Bean Salad: Combine tomato, beans, oregano and lettuce in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 5Pour enough oil into a large non-stick frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium heat. Shallow-fry patties for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Serve patties with salad and lemon wedges.
- High fibre
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amira Georgy
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas