- 225g (1 1/2 cups) cooked white long-grain rice (see note)
- 1 x 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 70g (1/3 cup) low-fat semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 75g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 19cm x 9cm (base measurement) loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2Combine the rice, tuna, tomato, zucchini, basil and two-thirds of the feta in a large bowl. Add the egg and stir until well combined. Season with pepper.
- Step 3Spoon the mixture into the lined pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 4Slice. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
All nutrition values are per serve
You’ll need about 100g (1/2 cup) uncooked long-grain rice for this recipe.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste