- 200g (1 cup) brown rice
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 70g (1/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 600g fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 23 minutes or until just tender. Add peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a tray lined with a clean tea towel to drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to crush cumin and fennel seeds until finely ground. Combine cumin, fennel, ground coriander, chilli, garlic, lemon rind and yoghurt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add salmon. Turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Juice half the lemon. Combine juice, vinegar and onion in a bowl. Season well. Set aside to macerate.
- Step 4Heat a chargrill on medium-high. Season salmon. Cook on a piece of baking paper, turning, for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 2 minutes. Flake salmon.
- Step 5Coarsely chop half the herbs. Combine rice mixture, onion mixture, chopped herbs and pomegranate in a bowl. Divide among plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine