- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1kg frozen peas
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 4 slices woodfired bread, toasted
- Cream cheese, to spread
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt
- Step 1Heat the butter and olive oil in a large deep saucepan over low heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the peas and stir to coat. Add the chicken stock and 2 cups (500ml) of water. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil, then add 3/4 cup mint leaves. In 2 batches, place the soup in a blender and blend to a thick puree. If necessary, return the soup to the cleaned saucepan and return to medium heat until warmed through. Season generously.
- Step 2Spread the toast with cream cheese and top with slices of smoked salmon.
- Step 3Divide the soup among 4 bowls, swirl 1 tablespoon of natural yoghurt through each, then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and the remaining mint leaves. Serve the soup with the smoked salmon toasts.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: delicious.