- 300g cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 300g edamame beans, podded
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 50g snowpea sprouts, trimmed
Miso & tahini dressing
- 1 small roasted garlic clove (see note)
- 3 teaspoons tahini
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Step 1Make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Step 2Add cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander, sprouts and edamame to dressing. Toss to coat.
Serves 6 as a side.
To roast garlic, preheat oven to 200c/180C fan-forced. Wrap garlic in foil and bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Squeeze out flesh and discard skin. You can make a batch and store them unpeeled, covered in olive oil in the fridge for up to 1 month. It’s great to have handy for dressings, gravies or sandwiches.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Craig Robertson
- Publication: Taste.com.au