- 5 free-range eggs
- 8 small waxy potatoes (pink fir or kipfler), peeled
- 200g baby French beans, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juiced
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 4 (about 120g each) salmon fillets
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) balsamic vinegar
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 nicoise olives (small black olives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Place the four eggs in a pan of cold water and cook over high heat for five minutes. Drain, allow to cool, then peel and set aside. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool, then slice. Blanch the beans for one minute in boiling, salted water. Refresh and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Place the remaining raw egg, garlic, anchovies, mustard and lime juice in a food processor and mix to combine. With the motor running, gradually add 150ml of the oil until thickened. Set aside.
- Step 3Preheat barbecue to high. Brush the salmon with oil and season, then cook for two minutes each side until crisp but still rare. Combine remaining oil and vinegar and season. Quarter the eggs and place in a bowl. Add tomato, beans, potatoes, olives and half the chives. Toss with oil and vinegar. Divide between bowls, break salmon into pieces and add to each bowl.
- Step 4Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with remaining chives and black pepper.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Geoff Lung
- Publication: Taste.com.au