- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 90g (1/3 cup) Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 8 (about 950g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 200g dried egg noodles
- 1 large lime
- Fresh bean sprouts, trimmed, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the paste, ground coriander, curry powder and turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add half the coconut milk. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until oil separates. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Step 2Stir the onion, stock, brown sugar, fish sauce and the remaining coconut milk into the chicken mixture. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Divide noodles among serving bowls.
- Step 4Cut half the lime into quarters. Juice remaining lime. Add lime juice to the curry. Ladle curry over noodles. Top with the bean sprouts, coriander and shallots. Serve with lime wedges.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine